- Kankaria is Ahmedabad’s beauty, a unique place in Ahmedabad that is bustling with people all day long.
- Kankaria is not modern, but Kankaria is the only big lake with a unique impression of Ahmedabad which is many years old.
- A recent article in a newspaper found that an average of more than two thousand people visit Kankaria every day.
- Hardly anyone has heard the name of Kankaria Lake, the most famous and delightful of the World Heritage City Ahmedabad.
You May Like:
Unique attractions in Kankaria Lake
Ticket Price And Timing Of Kankaria
1) What is Kankaria Carnival?
- Kankaria Carnival is a 1 week festival being held here in last week of December.
- Cultural, social, dramas and a variety of unique performances take place here from young children to big artists.
- However, this Kankaria Carnival has been celebrated for the last 12 years i.e. Kankaria Carnival started in December 2008.
2) Status of kankaria in the period of Corona
- As you all know, in March 2020, Corona was already in India.
- Therefore, on March 21, 2020, Kankaria was closed by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
- The ban was in place until unlock, meaning Kankaria reopened around August-September.
- But as the Corona epidemic continues to grow, the Kankaria Carnival 2020 program has changed a lot.
3) Will Kankaria Carnival be Held in 2020?
- I am deeply saddened to say that the due to Corona Epidemic, Kankaria Carnival will not be celebrated in 2020.
- According to big journalists and experts, the Kankaria Carnival attracts an average of 15,000 people a day.
- In other words, in a week’s program, about 80,000 to 1 lakh human beings come to Kankaria.
- If so many public gathers, it can be said that this public invites Corona.
- Many people don’t even know that the entry fee of Kankaria Carnival is absolutely zero rupee which means you can watch Kankaria Carnival for free for all!